Friday, August 26, 2011

Columbiana

As far as revenge movies go, this was pretty typical. However, I must say... Zoe Saldana kicked some serious ass!

I know I'm being biased since Zoe was one of the stars in my all time favorite movie, Avatar. But so what? :p

The movie is about a woman named Cataleya, who at the age of nine witnessed the brutal murders of her parents. She ends up living with her Uncle & Grandmother. Fifteen years later, Cataleya is now a cold blooded assassin (trained by her Uncle) who is hell bent on getting revenge on the druglord who is responsible.

The actions scenes, while predictable & absurd at points, were good. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Aside from Zoe (who is always amazing), the acting was just average.

There were only two real issues I had, neither of them were what I'd call major though. First, they gave Cataleya a love interest which really wasn't necessary other than to give director an excuse to show Zoe practically naked & appeal to the men in the audience.

The other thing was the music. Don't get me wrong, I liked the songs, I just thought they weren't placed well at times.

Not sure how well this will do at the box office, but I liked it. I think you guys will too if you're into these kind of movies.

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment