Friday, November 24, 2017

Coco

Plot:
Despite his family’s ban on music, Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of being a musician just like his famous great great Grandfather Ernesto de la Cruz. Following a chain of events, he winds up in The Land of the Dead where he discovers the truth behind his family’s history. 

Pros:
•Pixar has done it again! I absolutely loved this movie. Such a well written story with a strong message about family. It’s been a long time since I movie made me cry like this (I mean full on sobbing. There’s been a few movies that made me teary eyed). I mean that in a good way of course. 
•Going into this I was a little worried that it would just be your typical Mexican stereotypes but it wasn’t. It was all very respectful and kudos to the entire team behind this for doing their research. I feel like they really nailed down Mexican culture right down to the tiniest detail. 
•Some of the most gorgeous animation I’ve seen in awhile. So many bright colors and again, the attention to detail... wow!!
•All the actors they got to do the voices did a great job. Especially the little boy that voiced Miguel. 
•Not as predictable as you might think. 
•What I love about most Pixar movies is that they appeal not only to kids but to adults as well. At my screening there were way more adults than kids. 
•It’s going to be so hard to make my top ten list this year. One things for sure, I will be including Coco on it. 

Cons:
•This has nothing to do with the movie itself and in no way changes my rating. Coco is a flawless movie in my opinion. I just have to mention what everyone is talking about- the 20 minute (yes, you read that right) Olaf short they showed before the movie. Now I love Frozen and don’t necessarily hate this short. It was actually kind of cute at times. But there was absolutely no need to show this in front of the movie, especially when you’ve already got a million trailers as well. This belongs on tv (in fact I swear I’ve already seen this on tv last year at this time). What were you thinking Disney?!? Stick to the usual 5-8 minute shorts next time. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment