Friday, October 5, 2018

Venom

This is going to be super short. Mainly because I’m exhausted and an emotional mess after watching the amazing A Star Is Born (feel free to check out my review of it). 

Bottom line- Was it bad? Yes, yes it was. The special effects are terrible most of the time. Like, almost Gods of Egypt level bad. Oh yeah I went there. The dialogue is cringeworthy, the third act is a mess (literally, there were times during some of the action scenes I couldn’t even make out what was happening on the screen), and overall the movie is pretty forgettable. 

That being said, I didn’t think it was Catwoman/Fantastic Four level bad the way many have been saying. Tom Hardy is the saving grace of this movie. And no I’m not just saying that because I’m obsessed with him. He does the best he can with the material he has to work with. And I liked the whole dynamic between Eddie and Venom. I got some genuine laughs out of it. 

Would I recommend it? Ehhh, not really. Certainly not in theaters. If you insist on seeing it wait until it comes to Netflix. 

My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment