Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thor (3D)

I'm a nerd. I'm not afraid to admit it. I love these kinds of movies. When I first saw the trailer for Thor a couple months ago I thought "This looks like it'll be awesome." I was right :)

Yes, the dialog is cheesy at times & you can tell pretty much right away who the bad guy is, but I don't care. I thought this was a great movie to start off the summer movie season. The action was sweet & the visuals for Asgard (where Thor comes from) were stunning.

I thought Chris Hemsworth was a great choice for Thor. The only other movie he was in that I'd seen was Star Trek (2009), but he was only in it for about 10 minutes if that. Anyway, I think he's going to be a really good actor.

Yes, at the beginning of the movie Thor is pretty much an asshole. I thought the director did a great job showing Thor's transformation into a real hero by the end of the movie. It was beleivable.

The chemistry between Chris Hemsworth & Natalie Portman was beleivable as well, which was nice to see. I can't begin to tell you how many movies were ruined for me because the two main actors had no chemistry.

This is also a good movie to take kids (older kids) to if they're into this stuff. Yes there's violence & some frightening images, but a lot less than some of the movies out there.

Overall, Thor was a really fun summer movie. I was so into it that by the time the movie ended I was like "Noooooo!". I wanted it to keep going.

BE SURE TO STAY AFTER THE CREDITS! I won't say too much, but there's a scene that follows that helps set things up for The Avengers movie coming out next year. I'm looking forward to it :)

About the 3D: Honestly, save your money & go see it in 2D. While some scenes (like the ones in Asgard) looked kinda cool, overall the 3D wasn't that great. It wasn't the worst 3D I've ever seen, but it's def not worth paying the extra money.

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment