Friday, December 16, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Finally! A really fun, action packed movie that makes you think. I can't even begin to tell you how rare that is in movies these days. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows was brilliant.

I would love to tell you the plot but I'm still trying to figure it all out. It's one of those movies you have to pay attention to every detail and most likely see a couple of times in order to understand. But this time around, Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) is investigating various crimes throughout Europe that he believes are connected to Professor James Moriarty played very convincingly by Jared Harris). Of course Watson (Jude Law), who's just gotten marrieds, gettting involved.
Alon the way homes encounters a gypsy named Sim. Sim is played by Noomi Rapacd, who's best known for her rolls as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish version of The Girl With the dragon tattoo (and its two sequels). She was amazing those and you should definitely check them out I you haven't already done so. While Noomi has a decent sized role in A Game of Shadows, and she plays the part well, it certainly isn't her best work.

It goes Withou saying that Robert Downey Jr. Was amazing. I've really enjoyed seeing him develop this character. Very charming and funny. And you get to see him in drag which to me alone was worth the price of admission. I loved seeing him interact with Jude Law. The two of them have great chemistry. It was one of the things I loved best about the movie. I really hope they both cd back for a third.

Guy Ritchie is back as director. I think he's really good and making you feel like you're in the time period. Of course, as wiu the first movie, there's a bunch of slow motion action scenes. And while normally that kind of thing really annoys me, it works here for the most part. There was only one of those scenes that I wasn't crazy about and that was when Holmes. Watson, and Sim were being chased in the woods. It was kind of stupid to be honest. That's really my only complaint. Everything else from the cinematography to the soundtrack were good. Guy is a really good director.

If you liked the first movie than you'll love A Game of Shadows. Although you don't have to have seen it (the first one) in order to watch this. I have unfeeling that A Game of Shadows will make lots of money. I had a blast and I hope you guys do too :)

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment