Friday, January 27, 2012

Man On A Ledge

NEW SAM MOVIE!!! NEW SAM MOVIE!!!

You knew it was coming ;) Most of you are use to my Sam obsession/dedication by now. For those of you who aren't familiar with me or think I'm crazy- give me a break. It's been a rough few days and this is probably the closest I'll ever get to spending the night with Sam.

That being said, Man On A Ledge was amazing! One of those movies that have you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

The movie takes place in New York City. Sam plays Nick Cassidy- an ex cop who is sent to jail for supposedly stealing a valuable diamond from the wealthy David Englander (Ed Harris). He breaks out and eventually checks into a very nice hotel, only to go out on the ledge of his room, threatening to jump.  Of course, a large crowd gathers and police are called in to try and get him down. But the only one Nick says he'll talk to his is a woman named Lydia Mercer (Elizabeth Banks), a police psychologist with her own troubled past.

Things are not how they seem. Across the street from the hotel, Nick's brother Joey (Jamie Bell) and Joey's girlfriend Angie (Genesis Rodriguez) are breaking into a building owned by David Englander to try and pull off the ultimate heist and prove that Nick is innocent. Nick is (and I don't consider this a spoiler since they show it in the trailer) threatening to jump as a distraction. From there it's a race against time.

You know I have to start with Sam's performance ;) Of course he did an incredible job. What can I say that I haven't said before. I really wish some critics would just leave him alone. Sam is a great actor and works really hard. I enjoyed seeing him take on this role. This is no secret, but I get more than a little excited whenever I see Sam's movies. Pathetic? Maybe. But I honestly don't care what anyone thinks. Everyone needs something that makes them happy. Tonight I swear I had a huge smile on my face the whole time I was watching this. I had a really great time.

Okay, I'll move on before I start going on for hours about how great Sam is...

As I said before, Man On A Ledge had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. There was never a dull moment. I think the director (Asger Leth) did a wonderful job keeping the audience interested.

The other actors were good as well. I really like Elizabeth Banks and think her and Sam had great chemistry during their scenes together. Ed Harris (even though this may not be his best role) was pretty convincing as the villain.

The only "negative" thing I have to say about the movie is that Kyra Sedwick's (who I'm normally a fan of) character, a news reporter, annoyed the hell out of me.

So would I recommend this movie? You guys already know the answer to this one :p

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment