Sunday, October 7, 2012

Taken 2

When I first heard they were going to make a sequel to Taken (which was such an amazing movie) I said to myself, really? It's not necessary. But I knew I had to see it anyway. I'm glad I did :)

Taken 2 takes place not long after the events of the first movie. I'm guessing maybe a year. They never really say. Anyway, CIA operative Bryan Mills (played by the always amazing Liam Neeson) is working on an assignment in Istanbel, which oddly enough is right near where the first movie takes place. Not very smart if you ask me. Once he's done working, his daughter Kim (Maggie Grace) and ex wife Lenore (Famke Janssen) join him. What starts out as a nice little family vacation soon turns into a nightmare as Bryan and Lenore are kidnapped by a group of men led by the father of one of the men Bryan killed while trying to rescue his daughter in the first movie. He doesn't care that his son was an evil bastard who kidnapped young girls and sold them into slavery, he wants revenge. The guy is a complete moron. People should know by now- you DO NOT mess with Liam Neeson or his family.

That's pretty much it as far as the plot goes. The rest is just Liam Neeson kicking ass for an hour and a half. Not that I'm complaining of course ;)

I know Taken 2 is been getting a lot of negative reviews, but I really liked it. Is it as good as Taken? No, but I don't think it's as bad as they're saying.

This is pretty much your standard action movie. It's not one of those movies you go in expecting a great plot. But it's fun.

Obviously the best part of this movie is Liam Neeson. You can't get any more bad ass than him. It's hard to beleive he's 60 years old. I've seen actors half his age who can't do all the action sequences he does. And I don't care if he's old enough to be my father, I think he's gorgeous and would defenietly hook up with him if given the chance ;)

Obviously the movie isn't perfect. Aside from Liam the acting isn't great. Although Maggie Grace did improve some since the first movie which was good to see. The director (Oliver Megaton) used that god awful shaky cam technique which was a little nauseating at times. Although it wasn't as bad as other movies I've seen.

Bottom line, if you loved the first movie then you'll like this one. Just don't go in with high expectations. Even though I liked Taken 2, I hope they don't make anymore. I've seen way too many movie franchises ruined when they drag it out. Let this one end on a good note :)

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment