Sunday, November 11, 2012

Skyfall (IMAX)

I've never really been a big James Bond fan, but the reviews for this have been really good. Plus Daniel Craig is in it so I had to check it out. Well I'm happy to say that this movie is incredible. Easily one of the best Bond films yet.

In Skyfall, Bond (Daniel Craig) investigates an attack on MI6 and comes to find out that it also involves someone going after M (Judi Dench). That someone is Raoul Silva (Javier Bardem), who has a connection to her past.

Sam Mendes is the director. His previous films include American Beauty and Road to Perdition. He does a great job all around, especially with the action sequences. The opening scene especially blew me away.

Major props go out to the cinematographers. The whole movie looked amazing.

The acting was top notch. I've always been a big fan of Daniel Craig. He makes such a great James Bond. Javier Bardem was really good as well. I think he's at his best when he's playing a villain. Even if this time around his character comes off as a little over the top. And his hair cut and color was hideous. Some people should never go blond.

There were a few other complaints that I had, which I can't really talk about without spoiling things. But they're very minor complaints.

The movie is almost two and a half hours long but it doesn't feel like it at all. I was completely entertained the whole time. It also looks great on an IMAX screen so if you can definitely see it in that format.

Loved the soundtrack as well. Especially the title theme song by Adele. She has such an amazing well.

I highly recommend Skyfall to anyone who's a James Bond fan or if you enjoy a good action/spy movie. I can't wait to see what happens in the next one :)

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment