Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

I've never really been a big Jackass fan. I watched the show once in awhile (and I think I might've seen the first movie at one point) and sure it was funny at times, but overall I thought it was stupid. But when I saw the trailer for this awhile back, I thought this could be really funny. 

Unlike the show and the other movies, which really just went from skit to skit, Bad Grandpa has an actual plot (even if it is pretty thin). Johnny Knoxville plays the Grandpa named Irving. He has to take his grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) across the country to live with his father. Along the way they get into all sorts of trouble. The people around them are real people, not actors. Some of their reactions are priceless. It pretty much follows the same formula as Borat. 

This was probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. At times I was literally laughing so hard my stomach hurt. Most comedies I see these days I'm lucky if they make me chuckle. 

My favorite part of the movie was definitely the little boy who played Billy. He was so adorable and funny. He'll be one to watch in the coming years. He has the potential to be a great comedic actor. His timing was just perfect. I don't know how he was able to do some of those scenes and keep a straight face. 

Not to say that the movie was perfect. Some of the pranks were a little too much (for my personal taste anyway) but I expected that with this kind of movie. My biggest complaint though was that they showed a little too much in the trailer. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of funny moments that surprise you. But they should've kept more surprises for the movie itself. 

Bad. Grandpa obviously isn't going to be winning any awards, but if you're in need of a good laugh, go see it. I promise you'll have lots of fun. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment