Monday, August 3, 2015

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

I was a big fan of 2011's Ghost Protocol, which was surprising given that I was never really crazy about the first three. This time around I was excited for Rogue Nation and it did not disappoint. While I think Ghost Protocol was slightly better, I still loved every minute of this movie.

This time around Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his team- Benji (Simon Pegg), Brandt (Jeremy Renner), and Luther (Ving Rhames) take on the Syndicate, a rogue organization that is determined to destroy them.

There's really no point in going into more details.We all know nobody goes to these movies for the plot. It's all about the action and boy does director Christopher McQuarrie deliver! The action scenes were some of the most jaw dropping and well choreographed I've seen in years. Especially the one under water. How Tom Cruise, who I believe did most if not all of his own stunts, is still able to pull this off I'll never know. The movie was two hours and eleven minutes long but time seemed to just fly by. Not once was I bored.

Yes, the movie is ridiculous and over the top. You really have to suspend disbelief but so what? Although there were a few scenes, mainly the motorcycle one, where I felt they were really pushing it.

If you're looking for a really fun action movie then check out Rogue Nation. It'll be money well spent I promise.

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment