Saturday, May 7, 2016

Captain America: Civil War (IMAX)

I think the best way to start off this review is by taking a moment to say to the Russo brothers- THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A million times thank you. This is how you're suppose to do a super hero movie. HOLY SHIT!! I'm just blown away by how amazing Civil War was. 

Fearing for the safety of everyone after the recent events involving the Avengers, the government wants to pass a registration act which would limit when and where they are used and have to be approved by them. This causes tension and divides the group. Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) is for the act while Steve Rogers/Captain America (Chris Evans) is against it. Things escalate and it leads to all out war between Team Cap and Team Iron Man. 

From the moment that the movie began I knew I was in for a treat. It opens with a jaw dropping action sequence. Hell all of the action in this is so well choreographed. I honestly teared up while I was watching this I was so happy. This is how you do a superhero movie! 

But it's not non stop action the way a lot of these types of movies are. That can get tiring when that's all there is. The Russo brothers do an amazing job balancing it out with plenty of humor and drama as well. And they present both sides of the argument well. Going into this I was 100% Team Cap. I mean fuck Tony. Everything that happened in Age of Ultron was his fault. But now that I've seen the movie I can definitely see his side of things. 

They also get the characters right. I can't even begin to tell you how nice that is to see, especially after a certain movie left a very bad taste in my mouth *cough*BatmanvSuperman*cough*. 

Despite having a lot to cover, each character gets a moment, or several, to shine. One of my favorite parts of the movie was Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman). He's so bad ass and has a nice little arc which was good since going into this I didn't know a whole lot about his character. It sets things up for his solo movie which I'm very excited for. 

Of course, I have to talk about Spider-Man (Tom Holland). I won't say much other than he steals every scene he's in. It's a small part in the story but I swear Marvel does more with Spider-Man here than Sony did in all five of their movies put together. Sony just needs to back the fuck up and let Marvel handle things from now on. 

If you have a chance to see this in IMAX it's well worth the price. And if they have a 2D IMAX version like my theater did that's even better. I can't stand 3D in most movies these days and will only choose that format if I have no other option. 

I really don't know why I bother with this since you should all know by now, but- STAY DURING THE CREDITS!! There's actually two scenes- one kind of in the middle and one at the very end. 

So do I recommend you see this? Hell yeah I do! I never thought it would be possible to top the first Avengers movie or even Winter Soldier but Civil War has. It is now my favorite Marvel movie. I will be seeing this multiple times. The Russo brothers have done a fantastic job. I can't wait to see what they do with Infinity Wat. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need time to recover from the massive orgasms I had while watching this. 

My Rating: 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment