Friday, May 20, 2016

Money Monster

Because tomorrow is my birthday, I really don't have the time to right an actual review. But I can't leave you guys with nothing so here's my notes. Normally I'll do this on my iPhone right after I see a movie and then the next day take it and elaborate. Anyway, I promise I'll be back to my normal reviews next week. 



Plot-
Lee Gates (George Clooney) is a popular financial tv host. One day he and his producer Patty (Julia Roberts) are put in an extreme situation when an angry investor named Kyle (Jack O'Connell) takes over the studio. 

Pros:
•Strong performance by George Clooney
•Set mostly in real time
•Jodie Foster is decent director. Especially when it comes to thrillers.
•Leaves you on the edge of your seat. 
•George Clooney dancing to hip hop. Twice. 

Cons:
•Tone was all over the place. Mainly in the first half. 
•Apart from the three main leads, characters could've used a bit more development. 
•Predictable 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment