Friday, August 26, 2016

Don't Breathe

Plot-
A group of three friends (Jane Levy, Dylan Minnette, and Daniel Zovatto) break into the home of a wealthy blind man (Stephen Lang) thinking it'll be an easy heist. They couldn't have been more wrong. 

Pros:
•Stephen Lang's performance. He's so good at playing bad guys (which is weird because I've met him a few times and he's such a nice guy). Definitely not someone you should fuck with. Honestly, I was rooting for his character for most of the movie. 
•Camera work 
•Sound editing
•The night vision scene. 
•The house itself is a character

Cons:
•The last third just got so dumb. 
•Inconsistencies and plot holes galore.  
•Didn't feel sorry for the three younger characters. What did they think was going to happen? Those dumbasses for the most part got what they deserved. 
•The whole twist toward the end and the scene that follows really took me out of the movie. If it wasn't for this I'd probably give it a slightly higher rating. Ugh!! Wish I could say more but then I'd be giving too much away. 
•Multiple endings. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment