Sunday, October 2, 2016

Snowden

Plot-
Oliver Stone's movie about former NSA agent Edward Snowden (Joseph Gordon Levitt), who leaks their illegal surveillance techniques as well as thousands of classified documents to the press. 

Pros:
•Acting is pretty strong for the most part. Especially Joseph Gordon Levitt and Rhys Ifans. 
•Overall a well made movie. 
•Nicholas Cage cameo. 

Cons:
•This is fairly toned down for an Oliver Stone movie but every so often he'd go back into his crazy conspiracy theory mode. You could totally tell when it would happen by the music. 
•I just found myself not caring that much about the characters. 
•The portrayal of Snowden's relationship with his girlfriend. I'm not sure how it is in real life but here it was awful the way he treated her and that she put up with it. 
•I still prefer the documentary about Snowden (which I highly recommend if you want to know more on this subject) that they did not that long ago over this. 
•Not enough Nicholas Cage. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment