Friday, October 14, 2016

The Accountant

Plot-
An accountant named Christian Wolff (Ben Affleck) uncooks the books for some of the most dangerous criminal organizations as the Treasury Department closes in on him. 

Pros:
•Very well shot and choreographed action scenes. Some of the best I've seen in awhile. 
•I'm a big fan of Gavin O'Connor. He directed  one of my favorite movies- Warrior. I'll say this about him, he's great with actors. There's really not a bad performance here. I especially liked Ben Affleck (the main reason I even wanted to see this movie), JK Simmons, and Anna Kendrick. Ben and Anna and very good chemistry. Would love to see them do another movie together. 
•They did a decent job portraying people with autism. I mean, it wasn't offensive in any way. 

Cons:
•The trailer is kind of misleading. I thought it was going to be an interesting dramatic thriller. It ended up being not only that but Batman with autism and without the costume. Add in a dash of James Bond and Jason Bourne. I'm dead serious. 
•Jumped all over the place. It had me very confused as to who was working with who and what they're motivations were. 
•Too much exposition in certain scenes. 
•Could've used another round of rewrites. Hell, they should've just let Gavin O'Connor do it since he's just as talented of a writer as he is a director. 
•This is far from the worst movie I've seen this year. However,  it's not really a movie I'd recommend paying money to see in theaters (luckily I didn't since I had enough points on my Regal card for a free movie pass). Wait until it comes to Netflix. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment