Sunday, October 1, 2017

Marjorie Prime

Plot:
Takes place in the near future. 86 year old Marjorie (Lois Smith) has a new companion- a holographic  recreation of the younger version of her deceased husband Walter (Jon Hamm). It tells the story of her life back to her. 

Pros:
•Some very interesting ideas about memory, loss, and love. 
•Good performances, especially by Jon Hamm, Lois Smith, and Tim Robbins. 

Cons:
•While the movie had some good ideas, they weren’t executed very well. If only the had gone just a little more in depth, especially about the primes. 
•There were time jumps that were so abrupt that I thought I had somehow fallen asleep and missed a good chunk of the movie. 
•Very dry and at times dull. 
•Felt more like a stage play than a movie. 
•Trailer was a little misleading. 
•While it’s not a bad movie by any means (believe me I’ve seen way worse this year), I can’t say that I recommend it. Not even as a Netflix watch. My suggestion is if you’re looking for a movie with similar themes go and watch Her (if you haven’t already done so). It’s amazing. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment