Friday, March 23, 2018

Pacific Rim: Uprising

WARNING: A few slight spoilers but nothing major. 

Plot:
Jake Pentecost (John Boyega) reunites with his adopted sister Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi) to lead a new generation of Jaegar pilots. 

Pros:
•There were a couple of cool action scenes I’ll give it that. I do think it was a huge mistake to have the majority of them take place during the day. It just looked weird. 
•John Boyega bless his heart. He really tried, had some charm, and honestly did the best he could given the material he had to work with. 
•Charlie Day looked like he had a blast. 

Cons:
•Souless. That’s the best way to describe this movie. I loved the first one despite its issues. It was fun and had a lot of heart. This movie had none of that. They didn’t even fucking try. 
•Guillermo del Toro really cared about the material. This director (his directorial debut actually) didn’t. 
•Does that thing that I hate with sequels where they go, “Hey, let’s introduce a child/sibling that was never ever mentioned in the first movie and put them in this.”
•Ending was so abrupt and anticlimactic. 
•No great rousing speech. I like John Boyega but he’s no Idris Elba. 
•No Charlie Hunnam. Not even a picture or a mention... nothing!! 
•If you love the first movie as much as I do please do yourself a favor and avoid this. I’m going to do my best to pretend this doesn’t exist. 
•I could vent for hours about this but I just didn’t not have the energy right now. Sorry for the short review. 

My Rating: 4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment