Sunday, February 3, 2019

Roma

Plot:
Set in Mexico City in the early 1970s. Follows a year in the life of a middle class family’s maid. 

Pros:
•I can definitely see why this movie is getting so much attention this award season. Wow! This is one of the most beautiful and well made movies I’ve seen in awhile. 
•Alfonso Cuarón based this movie on his life and boy did he put his heart and soul into it.  Everything from the camera angles to the cinematography and especially the powerful yet intimate story. He continues to be one of my favorite directors. 
•Yalitza Aparicio gives an incredible performance. Definitely deserved that Best Actress nomination. 
•While this is available on Netflix, I HIGHLY recommend watching this in theaters if possible. It should be seen on the big screen in order to fully appreciate its beauty. 

Cons:
•It’s a very slow burn. I was fine with that for the most part but I know some people won’t care for that. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment