Sunday, January 27, 2019

Support The Girls


Plot:
Lisa (Regina Hall), the general manager of a Hooters like sports bar, finds her optimism tested over the course of one long, strange day. 

I hadn’t heard of this movie until maybe a week or two ago. I’m glad the film club showed it because it’s actually a solid film with a great cast led by Regina Hall. It’s a simple dramedy and honestly not a whole lot happens. But what really draws you it is these characters who feel like actual people. 

You can tell it was made for next to nothing but it looks fine and is competently shot. They made the most with what they had. 

My only real complaints are the editing could’ve been tighter. Some scenes go on for just a bit too long. Also, the movie just kind of ends. 

Do I recommend it? Absolutely. Maybe not at full price but if you’re looking for something to do on an afternoon with friends check it out. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment