Friday, August 9, 2019

The Farewell

Plot:
A Chinese family discovers that their grandmother has terminal cancer and decides to keep her in the dark. 

Pros:
•When it comes to A24 movies I love them more of than not. I’m happy to say that The Farewell is definitely one that I love. 
•Strong performances by the entire cast, especially Awkwafina. 
•I tend to avoid movies that deal with this subject matter since they can be depressing as fuck and leave me in a bad mood for days. That’s not the case here. While I did tear up a few times, this was very heartwarming and had a surprising amount of humor. 
•Well directed and written. 
•Easily one of the best movies you’ll see this year. 

Cons:
•Nothing major. Some people may not care for the slow pacing of it. It didn’t bother me though. 
•A few of the characters could’ve used some more development. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment