Friday, August 2, 2019

Hobbs & Shaw

Being a fan of the Fast & Furious franchise, I pretty much knew what to expect- a movie that’s dumb as fuck but lots of fun. And for the most part that’s exactly what I got. 

Normally when I do a review I would talk about the plot but come on... this is a Fast & Furious spin off- there really isn’t one. It’s nearly two and a half hours of Jason Statham and The Rock (who have really good chemistry and play off each other well) beating people up and tons of explosions. Oh and Idris Elba is the bad guy. 

I gotta admit while this may be one of the dumbest movies I’ve seen in a long time, I enjoyed it. 

That’s not to say it’s without it’s flaws. For one, it’s a tad too long. I was never bored but towards the end I was feeling the length. Second, while most of the fight scenes were well choreographed a few were very sloppy. 

Finally, and I know this is me just nitpicking, there’s a cameo here by a certain actor that when he appeared made me groan. Totally took me out of the movie for a minute and caused me to lower my rating slightly. 

So do I recommend the movie? Sure, why not. Get a group of friends together and see a matinee showing of this. You’ll have a good time. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment