Friday, December 20, 2019

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker


I literally just got out of the movie a few minutes ago and boy am I an emotional mess. Seriously. I’m not sure I can compose myself enough to write a full review so I’ll just give a couple of quick thoughts. Plus with a big movie like this I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything. 

Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were absolutely amazing in this. Their story arc was, in my opinion, the best part and the strongest. 

It’s also visually stunning for the most part (minus those damn lense flares JJ Abrams loves to use. Thankfully they're kept to a minimum.). Definitely check this out in IMAX if you can. 

That being said, it’s not without it’s flaws. For one, it felt very rushed in spots and there were several things that would be revealed that had me saying, “Are you fucking serious? Really?!?!” I totally understand people not liking it. 

Do I recommend it though? Hell yeah I do! I know the fandom drives me crazy sometimes but I’m proud to be a Star Wars fan. 

Sorry guys.  I wish I could say more but I don’t want to ruin anything. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment