Friday, January 24, 2020

Jojo Rabbit

Pros:
•I can see why Scarlett Johansson got a Best Supporting Actress nomination for her role in this. She was amazing. Definitely the heart of this movie. 
•I also liked the actress that played the young Jewish girl hiding in their home. I can’t think of the actress’s name at the moment but she played the daughter in Leave No Trace (which if you haven’t seen already I highly recommend). 
•The movie was, in my opinion, at its best during the serious moments. 
•It’s really nicely shot and directed. 
•Moved at a good pace. 

Cons:
•I’ll be honest, I really wasn’t feeling this movie at first. Mainly, the humor just wasn’t working for me. I don’t think I laughed once, just a few chuckles here and there. 
•As much as I like Taika Waititi as a director, his portrayal of Jojo’s imaginary friend version of Hitler got on my damn nerves. If it weren’t for this I’d be giving this movie a higher rating. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment