Friday, May 28, 2021

A Quiet Place Part 2


Pros:
•I was skeptical when I first heard they were making this sequel. The first movie was one of my favorites the year it came out and I thought it didn’t need to go any further. Any doubts I had were gone after the opening scene of part 2. It completely sucks you in and I have to say I really enjoyed it. 
•Here they do a good job on expanding this universe. 
•Great writing and direction by John Krasinski 
•The stand out by far was Millicent Simmonds. She’s given a lot more time to shine and she’s outstanding. What a talented young actress. She’s got quite a future ahead of her. 
•If you liked the first movie you’ll definitely like this. It’s definitely one of the best movies I’ve seen this year. 

Cons:
•The runtime was too short. I was so engrossed in what I was watching that when the movie abruptly ended and the credits rolled I was like, “Wtf? Noooooo! Keep going!”
•There were a few really stupid decisions some of the characters made that had me shaking my head. 
•Djimon Hounsou was pretty much wasted here. Hell I don’t think his character even had a name. 

My Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment