Saturday, May 8, 2021

Wrath of Man


I wasn’t even aware that this movie existed until last week when I saw a trailer for it before Godzilla vs Kong. To be honest I wasn’t all that impressed. From the trailer it looked like just your stereotypical revenge movie. But with not that many options right now and the fact that I like Jason Statham I decided to give it a chance. I’m so glad I did because while in some ways this does follow many of those same tropes, rarely is it done this well. I was throughly entertained every minute of this movie. 

Everything fit together so well. The way things are slowly revealed throughout the story to the action/heist scenes which had my eyes glued to the screen the entire time. Even the actors worked well together and looked like they were having a blast filming this. Yes, you’ve seen Jason Statham play this type of role a million times. But he does it so damn well. 

If you’re into good old fashioned crime thrillers I definitely think you’ll love this. Guy Ritchie did an amazing job. These types of movies I feel are where he’s at his best. 

The only real complaint I have, and it’s very minor, is I started to feel the length a bit towards the end. 

There’s so much more I want to say but I don’t want to spoil this for anyone. I highly recommended it. Don’t let the trailer fool you- this is a damn good movie. I can’t believe I’m about to say this but it’s probably my favorite movie of the year so far. I may even buy a copy when it comes out on blu ray. That’s how much I enjoyed it. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment