Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pros & Excons (DVD )

NEW SAM MOVIE!! NEW SAM MOVIE!! *runs around the room squealing*

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'll try and do my review.

This movie was originally titled Fink! (why they changed it I don't know). It was actually made about 6 years ago. It's one of those indy, straight to DVD (for the US anyway) movies that never would have seen the light of day if Sam hadn't have been in Avatar.

This is a really low budget Austrailian movie. I'd tell you the plot, but I'm still not sure what it is even though I just watched it. From what I can tell Sam (who is the only recognizable actor in this) plays a guy who's hired (along with another guy by some gangster to assassinate someone. And then for the next hour and a half all they really do is go around from place to place shooting a bunch of people.

There are several unintentionally (or maybe intentional who knows) funny moments in this. For instance, there's a scene where a guy is being tortured and ends up getting his fingers cut off. I don't know why, but when this happens I was laughing hysterically. Maybe it was the way the guy screamed. I'm weird I know. The blood looked really fake too. But for such a low budget movie, the picture quality is actually pretty decent.

Now let's move on to the most important part of this review- Sam's performance. You guys know me- Sam could read names out of a phone book for two hours and I'd think it was amazing. Seriously though, I think Sam does a great job with the material he was given. He's technically a bad guy but you can't help but root for him. He looks great too of course ;)

Would I have watched this if Sam wasn't in it? Probably not. I'd only recommend this if you are a huge Sam fan or you like watching low budget movies.

My Rating: 10/10 (this is purely based on Sam's performance)

No comments:

Post a Comment