Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside Out (3D)

I've always been a fan of most Pixar movies. So when I heard they were releasing Inside Out I knew I had to see it. And I must say, Pixar has once again hit it out of the park!

Inside Out is about a young girl named Riley whose life if guided by the emotions living inside her mind- Joy (Amy Poehler), Sadness (Phyllis Smith), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), and Disgust (Mindy Kaling). Everything is going great until one day when Riley and her parents suddenly move from their home in Minnesota to San Francisco. With all of these changes, Headquarters begins to explode into chaos!

Pete Docter and Ronaldo Del Carmen have done an amazing job directing (as well as writing) a story that technically is aimed towards kids but at the same time adults can get a lot out of it as well. And as is the case with Pixar, this movie hits you right in the feels.

The animation looked absolutely beautiful. So much effort was put into even the smallest detail, like the way the characters hair looked and moved.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the movie other than I wouldn't bother to spend the extra money on 3D. It's hardly noticeable at all. It's a shame because it had the potential to look really good in that format.

Going into the movie, I was afraid I would be sitting in a theater full of screaming kids. Thankfully that was not the case. There were kids there of course, but I noticed there was also a lot of people my age and older who like me didn't have kids. We all had fun watching a sweet and touching movie with a great message. I can't wait to see what Pixar does next.

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment