Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ted 2

I knew going into this that it didn't have great reviews. But I figured what the hell, I'm in the mood for a comedy. And you know what? While it wasn't great, for the most part I had fun watching it.

Ted 2 is the sequel to the 2012 movie which ended up being a huge hit. This time around, Ted (voiced by Seth MacFarlane) has married Tami-Lynn (Jessica Barth) and they want to have a baby. But in order to become a parent, he'll have to prove he's a person in the eyes of the law. His best friend John (Mark Wahlberg) and a young lawyer named Samantha (Amanda Seyfried) help him along the way.

Seth MacFarlane, while he seems like a nice guy, is not the greatest director. At least not when it comes to feature length films. This movie was nearly two hours long and it didn't need to be. There were several scenes that really had nothing to do with the plot and were just added in to kill time. I think this would've worked much better had it been an hour television special. But I'll give him credit, while some of the jokes fell flat for me, a lot of them were pretty funny. I found myself laughing quite a bit, mainly in the first half though.

I really enjoyed Mark Wahlberg in this. I've been a fan of most of his movies. His comedic timing in this is spot on. I think he's at his best in these types of movies. He also has great chemistry with Ted, a CGI bear for crying out loud. The same can't be said for him and Amanda Seyfried. I like her and it's not that she's bad here, I just didn't buy her as Mark's love interest.

Ted 2 ended up being better than I thought it would be. I don't know if I'll watch it over and over again, but maybe every so often if I'm in need of a laugh. If you enjoyed the first movie or if you're looking for a halfway decent comedy (and don't mind a little crude humor), check this out.

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment