Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Peanuts Movie (3D)

Like many people, I grew up watching The Peanuts. To this day I still watch the classic movies like The Great Pumpkin and Merry Christmas Charlie Brown whenever they're on TV. When I first heard they were making this, I was so afraid they would modernize it and ruin the charm. I'm happy to report that that's not the case here. The Peanuts Movie is amazing, cute, and really feels like one of the old movies. 

This time around, Charlie Brown tries his best to impress and win the heart of the Little Red Haired Girl. Of course, this isn't easy for him. Meanwhile, Snoopy writes a book about The Flying Ace- an epic story where he tries to rescue the love of his life, Fifi, from The Red Baron. 

And that's really it as far as the plot goes. It's pretty simple. Maybe a little too simple. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I just would've liked to have seen them do more with the story. 

The animation here is absolutely gorgeous. That was another thing I was worried about. I thought they would ruin the look of the characters with 3D animation but they didn't. Technically it's 3D but it still looks like 2D animation. 

The story was written by Charles Schulz's son and grandson- Craig and Bryan. They do an excellent job honoring their father's/grandfather's memory by creating a story that feels like something he would have written. It's very sweet with a great message. I'm not afraid to admit that I cried a little watching this. 

I'm really happy they decided to make The Peanuts Movie. It brings these wonderful characters back and introduces them to this generation. It's something both kids and adults can enjoy. 

My Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment