Sunday, December 4, 2016

Certain Women

Plot-
The lives of three women (Laura Dern, Michelle Williams, and Kristen Stewart) in Montana loosely intersect. 

Pros:
•This movie is really just three short stories put together that are VERY loosely connected. I thought the first story with Laura Dern was actually good. I liked the dynamic between her and Jarred Harris. Very interesting. If only the whole movie was just about them. I would've liked it a lot better. 
•Ummm..... I guess if you're having trouble sleeping put this movie on. You'll be out within minutes. 

Cons:
•This director's movies are not for everyone, myself included. While it wasn't as agonizing as I thought it would be, it was still dull as fuck. Everything from the way she would linger on a shot to the last two stories had me wanting to nod off in my seat. 
•At the end of it all I found myself thinking, what was the point of all this? What exactly was she trying to say? Especially the second story (which is by far the weakest) where not a damn thing happens except Michelle William's character and her husband going to an elderly neighbors home and by sandstone from him in order to build a new house. That's it. I kid you not. 
•I'm not really going to waste any more time on this movie than I already have. I can't really recommend it to anyone. Not even as a check it out on Netflix if you're bored kind of movie. It's far from the worst thing I've seen this year but it's certainly not the best. 

My Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment