Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christine

Plot-
Based on the true story of Christine Chubbuck (Rebecca Hall), a tv reporter in the 1970s who struggled not only with her professional career but severe depression as well. 

Pros:
•Rebecca Hall gives a powerful, heartbreaking performance. Easily one of the best this year. As someone who has struggled with depression/anxiety for years, I can tell you she really nails it. From the tone of her voice, facial expressions/body language, to her social awkwardness... wow. She put her all into this. 
•Even though you know what is going to happen (and if you don't do a quick google search on the real Christine Chubbuck. It'll pop right up), every minute leading up to the sad conclusion is so tense. Major props to the director. 
•The supporting cast did an amazing job as well. I especially enjoyed the scenes with Rachel Hall and Tracy Letts (who plays Christine's boss Michael). Very strong. 
•I like how the director paid so much attention to detail and made the movie look and feel like the 70s- the color tones, the way each scene was shot, clothing, etc. 

Cons:
•I really can't think of any. This movie made such a strong impression on me and had me tearing up several times. I highly recommend it to everyone. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment