Friday, December 30, 2016

La La Land

Plot-
Sebastian (Ryan Gosling), a struggling jazz pianist, falls in love with Mia (Emma Stone)- an aspiring actress. 

Pros:
•I can see why this movie is getting so much Oscar buzz. It really is a throwback to those classic Hollywood musicals. So nice to see that again. 
•Damien Chazelle was the perfect choice to direct this (he also directed Whiplash, another movie I love). He wrote the story as well, which is so sweet and charming that I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. He's so talented and I can't wait to see what he does next. 
•Catchy musical numbers. I could listen to them over and over again. 
•Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have such strong chemistry. I totally bought them as a couple. I think it's pretty safe to say they'll both be getting Oscar nominations. 
•Stunning cinematography 
•Flawless editing. 
•If you're a fan of musicals, you're going to love the hell out of this. 

Cons:
•The only thing I can think of is in my opinion Ryan Gosling doesn't have the strongest singing voice. He's far from the worst singer I've ever heard. That being said, his charm and the way he put everything into this role more than makes up for it. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment