Sunday, March 12, 2017

Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man

Plot:
Documentary about singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen featuring many of the musicians he's influenced over the years. 

Pros:
•Rufus Wainwright's performance of Hallelujah. One of my all time favorite songs. 
•As for the rest of the music, well... at least I now know what to play the next time I'm having trouble sleeping. Not that it was terrible, just a little too hipsterish for my personal tastes. 

Cons:
•Very sloppy in terms of the way it was put together. It was like they couldn't decide wether they wanted to make a concert movie (a bunch of footage is used from a tribute concert) or a straight up documentary (it featured interviews with Cohen and several other musicians). Personally I think they should've gone with the later. From what I've read about Leonard Cohen, there's enough material there to make a pretty interesting movie. 
•The very odd filter they used over some of the scenes. The best way I can describe it is red sparkly blobs. Not sure what the purpose of it was but it was fucking distracting. 
•It's never a good sign when I find myself checking the time to see how much longer until the movie is over. It's only an hour and fourth five minutes but it felt like five. There were several moments where I almost nodded off. 
•If you're a Leonard Cohen fan and happen to find this on Netflix one day, I guess check it out. Otherwise a I can't really recommend this to anyone. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment