Friday, August 18, 2017

Brigsby Bear

Plot:
A children's tv show called Brigsby Bear Adventures is made for an audience of one- James (Kyle Mooney). He sets out to finish the story himself when the show suddenly ends. 

Pros:
•Up until very recently I hadn't heard much at all about this. I vaguely remember hearing about a movie called Brigsby Bear but just assumed it was something for kids. It wasn't until my friends at Double Toasted reviewed it on one of their shows that I found out what it was really about. They gave it high praises so I figured I'd check it out. I'm so glad I did because Brigsby Bear is easily one of the sweetest, most heartfelt, charming little movies I've seen in a long time. 
•Aside from the summary I gave above, I'm not going to go into any details about the plot. It's best if you go into this movie knowing as little as possible. 
•Kyle Mooney gives an amazing performance that I don't think many actors could've pulled off. The character of James is very innocent and curious about this new world he's been thrown into and Mooney completely sells it. 
•Well written story (which Mooney did himself). You might've seen movies with similar themes but unlike some of those ones, it doesn't do those predictable plot points or stereotypical characters. 
•Great supporting cast. I especially enjoyed the young actors who played James' sister Aubrey and his friend Spencer. Mark Hamill is in this as well and he's brilliant as always. His character isn't in the movie all that much but he plays a key role. 
•There needs to be a real Brigsby Bear tv show. Someone please make that happen. 

Cons:
•Nothing really. This is surprisingly one of my favorite movies of the year so far. I strongly recommend if it's playing anywhere near you to go out and support it. We need more movies like this. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment