Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Dark Tower

I'm currently on vacation so I don't have time to do a regular review. Wasn't planning on doing one at all but I felt like I should warn you all about this movie. 

I saw this on Sunday and I still have no idea what the fuck I watched. This movie was such a mess. Poor direction, editing, and CGI. Haven't read the books yet but from what people have told me they totally butchered them. Matthew McConaughey is normally one of my favorite actors but he was awful here. Not that I blame him for this, it was the direction he was given that's the problem. 

The only reasons I'm not rating this lower is 1. Idris Elba is a badass. He's way too good for this shit. And 2. It's one of those movies that are so bad its hilarious. 

The only way I can recommend seeing this in theaters is if you do like I did and get a bunch of friends together and go. You'll laugh your asses off. Otherwise, wait until it's on Netflix. 

My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment