Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sicario

I know what many of you must be thinking. WHAT??? How the fuck have you not seen this movie yet? Trust me, I've had plenty of friends ask me that over the last three years. Hell I'm surprised I haven't watched this sooner since I absolutely love crime thrillers. But I promised myself that the next time the movie was on a streaming service I would watch it. Sure enough, it recently popped up on Amazon so here we are. 

This is going to be a super short since most people have seen this movie by now. Just wanted to give a couple of quick thoughts. 

So what did I think? Well honestly.... IT'S FUCKING AMAZING!! Why oh why did I wait so long? Holy shit. 

I've quickly become a huge fan of both director Denis Villeneuve and writer Taylor Sheridan. Here they once again have created this amazing story that sucks you into this world right from the very beginning. They waste no time dropping you in on the action, which doesn't shy away from some pretty brutal violence. I also enjoyed the stunning cinematography and the way certain scenes were filmed in night/thermal vision which was pretty cool. 

The entire cast was great. I like Emily Blunt and it was nice to see her play a very different role than what I'm use to. My favorite though was Benico del Toro. He doesn't have much dialog at all but I think it works and only adds more to the mysteriousness of his character. I definitely got a Punisher vibe from him, although even The Punisher would look at some of the things Benicio does in this movie and go, "GOD DAMN!"  

This is definitely a movie I'll be revisiting on a regular basis. I'm really looking forward to the sequel that's coming out later this year now. 

My Rating: 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment