Friday, September 21, 2018

Fahrenheit 11/9

Plot:
Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore examines the current state of American politics. 

Pros:
•I may not always agree with his approach, but Michael Moore is a talented filmmaker. While this wasn’t in my opinion his best work, it was certainly interesting and worth watching. 
•If you go into this expecting a two hour roasting of Trump you might be a little disappointed. This movie is more about the people and situations that paved the way for this monster to get elected. 
•For me the movies strongest moments were when he focused on the Flint water crisis. I wish he had made a movie just about that. Very powerful. 
•He took shots at both political parties. 

Cons:
•A lot of information presented here wasn’t anything I hadn’t heard before. 
•Dragged a lot at times. It probably didn’t help that I made the mistake of drinking a lot of water during it and by the end I was ready to pee my pants. Still, they could’ve easily trimmed off a few minutes here and there. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment