Sunday, September 9, 2018

Puzzle

Plot:
Agnes (Kelly Macdonald), a suburban wife and mother that’s taken for granted, discovers a passion for jigsaw puzzles. 

Pros:
•Kelly Macdonald gives a good performance. 
•The supporting cast wasn’t quite as one dimensional as I thought they might be. Particularly David Denman, who plays Agnes’ husband Louis. Yes he takes his wife for granted and he can be a bit of an ass at times, but he’s a hard working family man and you can tell he does genuinely love her. 
•Irrfan Khan does the best with what little screen time he has. 
•The premise has been done many times before (and better) but it’s worth a watch on tv or Netflix. 

Cons:
•At first I felt sympathy for Agnes but as the movie went on she became more and more selfish. Even cruel. 
•There were some scenes (mainly in the beginning) that were so poorly lit I had a hard time making out what was happening. 
•The ending to me was unsatisfying. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment