Sunday, September 30, 2018

Juliet, Naked

Plot:
Annie (Rose Byrne) enters into an unlikely romance with faded singer/songwriter Tucker Crowe (Ethan Hawke), whom her boyfriend Duncan (Chris O’Dowd) is obsessed with. 

Pros:
•Good romantic comedies are hard to come by these days. They’re usually poorly acted and way too cheesy in my opinion. I’m happy to say that wasn’t the case with Juliet, Naked. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this movie was. Very well made and sweet. 
•Ethan Hawke and Rose Byrne both gave great performances. You could definitely see the chemistry there. 
•The characters were actually well developed and sympathetic. 
•Loved the music. 
•Definitely worth seeing in theaters. 

Cons:
•Nothing major really. My only complaint would be it gets off to a slow start. Luckily things pick up a lot once Ethan Hawke enters the picture. 

My Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment