Friday, June 7, 2019

Dark Phoenix

This will be a pretty short review. I really don’t know how much I can say that hasn’t already been said. Plus after the complete disaster that was Apocalypse I really wasn’t looking forward to this one. So what’s the verdict? Honestly? It really wasn’t that bad..... up until the last maybe 30 minutes or so. 


I’ll admit I was really into the movie throughout most of it. The story was interesting and I liked some of the ideas they presented. And the acting was fine overall. Clearly none of the actors wanted to be there and were only fulfilling contract obligations, but they did the best they could with what they had to work with (especially Michael Fassbender). 


For awhile there I kept thinking, “This really isn’t that bad. I’m not sure why this is getting such horrible reviews.” Then the last 30 minutes happened. Oh.... I get it now. 


Those final 30 minutes completely brought the movie down for me. I was just past the point of getting mad. Really Fox??? THIS is how you wanted your final X-Men movie to go out? *sigh* Fine.....


Do yourself a favor, if you do end up seeing this movie (and I would say wait until it’s on Netflix or cable) turn it off once they get to New York. Come up with your own ending. Trust me whatever you think of will be a million times better than the mess they came up with. 


Better yet, just watch Logan again. 


I need a nice LONG break from any X-Men movies after this. 


My Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment