Friday, July 26, 2019

Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood

Pros:
•I really enjoy movies about old Hollywood. I’ll give Tarantino this much, he really nailed down the look and feel of that time period. It’s a very well made movie. 
•Outstanding performances, especially Brad Pitt. I could’ve easily watched a whole movie just about his character. Not that I didn’t enjoy Leonardo DiCaprio in this (he was great as well), I just found Pitt’s character far more interesting. 
•Loved the soundtrack. 
•The last 15-20 minutes are insane. I mean that in a good way. Classic Tarantino. 

Cons:
•Way too damn long. Several scenes could’ve easily been trimmed down or removed all together. 
•The first act was pretty weak. There were parts I enjoyed but I was struggling to figure out where he was going with all this. 
•The story wasn’t nearly as engaging for me as say The Hateful Eight or Inglorious Basterds (probably my favorite Tarantino movie). 
•It’s worth seeing but don’t rush to the theater or anything. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment