Friday, September 13, 2019

Hustlers

Pros:
•If you go into this expecting nothing but two hours of stripping and poll dancing then you’re going to be disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, all of that is there. But it’s only a VERY small part of it. At the heart of this is a fascinating and well made crime drama that’s “inspired by a true story”. I’m not sure what really happened and what they made up but honestly? It didn’t matter. I was throughly entertained the whole time. 
•For the longest time I’ve been hearing a lot of Oscar buzz for Jennifer Lopez and now I see why. She was great in this! I had forgotten how good of an actress she can be. 
•I enjoyed Constance Wu’s performance as well. 
•Moved at a decent pace. 
•Fun soundtrack 
•Good direction and cinematography. 

Cons:
•Aside from Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu, the other characters weren’t all that well developed. That’s my only major complaint. I definitely recommend everyone check this movie out. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment