Friday, September 20, 2019

Downton Abbey (2019)

Like so many people, I fell in love with the Downton Abbey tv show. So as you can imagine I’ve been looking forward to this movie for a long time. I’m happy to say it did not disappoint. 

This is definitely a movie for the fans. Not that people who’ve never seen the show wouldn’t like it. But there’s something really special about seeing the characters that you’ve invested so much time in and what they’re up to now. 

The show was always gorgeous wether it be the cinematography or the costumes. But now that it’s a movie and has a bigger budget it’s even more so. Definitely see this on the big screen. It gave me chills seeing it along with hearing the classic theme. 

Is the story simple? Yes. But there’s nothing wrong with that if done well. 

With all the sadness and hate going on in the world, it’s nice to have a movie like this where you can escape. Even if it’s just for a few hours. I walked out of this feeling really good and with a huge smile on my face. This is definitely one of my favorite movies this year. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment