Friday, February 24, 2017

Get Out

Plot-
Chris (Daniel Kaluuya), a young African American man, and his white girlfriend Rose (Allison Williams) go home to meet her family. When they get there, things seem very off. Little does Chris know that his worst nightmare is about to come true. 

Pros:
•When I first saw the trailer for this movie months ago I thought it was some kind of joke. I mean I still wanted to see it anyway, hoping it would be one of those movies that was so bad it was funny. Turns out that Get Out is actually really good. Seriously. Not only is it one of the best horror movies I've seen recently but it's easily one of the best I've seen this year so far. 
•Strong directorial debut of comedian Jordan Peele. You can tell he is a huge fan of horror movies. This was so fucking creepy and not in a blood and guts and jump scares sort of way. I mean there is some of that but it's never overkill. It really messes with your head, which I think is way more effective. Also, unlike most movies of this genre, the characters are well developed and you actually give a crap about most of them. I can't wait to see what Peele does next. 
•Soundtrack is a bit odd but it really fits. 
•One of my favorite characters was Chris' friend Rod (LilRel Howrey) who stole every scene he was in and provided some much needed humor. 
•Felt very much like the Twilight Zone in a lot of ways. 
•Moved at a good pace. 

Cons:
•NONE! Everyone please go out and support this amazing movie. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment