Friday, April 14, 2017

The Fate of the Furious (IMAX)

Plot:
A mysterious woman (Charlize Theron) gets Dom (Vin Diesel) to betray his family. 

Pros:
•This is going to be a pretty short review. Honestly what can I say that I haven't already said in my reviews of the other movies. If you're a fan of this franchise like I am than you're going to like this one too. It's a Fast & the Furious movie. You know exactly what you're getting. It doesn't try to be more than what it is and I respect them for that. 
•The car scenes and action was well shot. 
•Jason Statham was by far my favorite part of the movie. I loved the banter between him and The Rock. Very funny. If Vin Diesel ever decides to leave the franchise again I'd totally be okay with a movie about the two of them. 

Cons:
•While certainly not the worst out of all the movies, it's not the best either. At least with the other movies, as dumb and over the top as they are, I kind of knew what was going on as far as the "plot". Here, there were VERY long periods of time where I had no idea what the fuck was happening. I just sat there watching one mind numbing action/explosion scene after the other. It got tiring. 
•Paul Walker really was the heart of this franchise. He's presence was greatly missed here. 
•I've come through accept that this is now a superhero franchise. There's no other explanation for the shit these characters are able to pull off. Somewhere there's a deleted scene that explains how they got their powers. I'm sure of it. 
•The dialog in this one seemed even worse than usual. I laughed when the written by credit came on the screen. 
•I won't spoil the reason Dom goes "rogue". All I'll say is I literally yelled are you fucking kidding me at the screen. It was some serious soap opera bullshit. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment