Sunday, April 30, 2017

Going In Style

Plot:
Seniors Willie (Morgan Freeman), Joe (Michael Caine), and Albert (Alan Arkin) have hit some very rough times and decide they've had enough! Their plan? Rob a bank. 

Pros:
•Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Alan Arkin were absolutely delightful. I've always been a fan of all three. It looks like they were having a blast filming this. 
•Going into this I thought it would mostly a comedy and while it is very funny, there were some touching moments as well. 
•Very interesting and relevant social commentary. I think there's something in here that everyone can relate to, no matter how old you are. 
•A great movie to take your parents or grandparents to. 
•Until the credits rolled, I had no idea that Zach Braff had directed this. When given the right material he's actually a decent director. He's good with actors and keeps thing moving at a nice pace. 

Cons:
•Doesn't really have too many surprises. I was pretty much able to predict most of what happened. 
•Poor Christopher Lloyd. It's sad to see what he's become. Luckily his role in this is very small. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment