Friday, July 21, 2017

Dunkirk (IMAX)

Plot:
Based on the incredible true story of the evacuation of soldiers from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France. 

Pros:
•Nolan has done it again! I was curious how he would tackle something that wasn't science fiction or a Batman movie, and he didn't disappoint. He truly is one of the greatest film makers out there. 
•Very impressed that he chose to use a lot of practical effects. 
•If you have an IMAX screen anywhere near you I highly recommend you see it in that format. This is the type of movie that it was made for. 
•One of the most gorgeous looking movies I've ever seen. 
•Sound mixing was incredible. The Academy might as well give them the Oscar for it now. 
•Acting was great. The ones that really stood out to me were Mark Rylance and, of course, my man Tom Hardy ;) Hell even Harry Styles was decent which I wasn't expecting. 
•It's nonstop tension from beginning to end. There were several moments where I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. 
•Edited so flawlessly that I wasn't confused much at all in terms of the movie being nonlinear. 
•If you're a fan of World War II movies you're going to love this. 

Cons:
•If there had just been a little more character development this would've been a perfect movie for me. I totally get what Nolan was going for and didn't need an entire backstory on everyone, but still. This is a very minor complaint however. Certainly nothing that should stop you from seeing the movie. 

My Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment