Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Big Sick

Plot:
Kumail is a stand up comedian who meets Emily (Zoe Kazan) and the two begin dating. As their relationship grows they must deal with their cultural differences and an unexpected event. 

Pros:
•Kumail Nanjiani was really good. Up until I saw this movie I hadn't seen much of his work. He's got great comedic timing of course but he handles the dramatic moments well too. There's some really touching moments in this movie and he just nails it. 
•While I enjoyed the scenes with Kumail and Emily and thought they had a lot of chemistry, probably my favorite moments were the ones where Kumail was bonding with Emily's parents. 
•Clever dialogue. 
•Laughs worked and never felt forced. 
•An honest look at relationships. 

Cons:
•Got off to a slow start in my opinion. Not that it was bad I just wasn't feeling it at first. As weird as it might sound, things really started to pick up for me once Emily went into a coma (they tell you this in the trailer so I don't consider it a spoiler). 

My Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment