Sunday, May 27, 2018

Beirut

Plot:
A former US diplomat (Jon Hamm) is sent in to negotiate for the life of a friend that he left behind. 

Pros:
•Jon Hamm’s brilliant performance. Had it been a lesser actor I doubt it would’ve worked as well. 
•The last 45 minutes are tense as fuck. Really keeps you on the edge of your seat. 
•Supporting cast is pretty solid. 
•If you’re into these types of thrillers I definitely think you’ll like this movie. 

Cons:
•The first hour or so really drags a lot. 
•Whoever was in charge of lighting, mainly in the beginning, should be fired. There were times it was so dark I could barely make out who was who. 
•Seriously, how hard is it to hold a camera steady?!?! Felt nauseous a few times. And I’m not talking about action scenes, I could understand it there. But is it really necessary for a simple dinner party scene?
•While the movie is decent, it’s not something I would rush out to see. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment