Friday, May 18, 2018

Deadpool 2

Plot:
Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) puts together a team in order to protect a young boy (Julian Denneson) from a time traveling mutant named Cable (Josh Brolin). 

Pros:
•Ryan Reynolds has done it again! He really was meant to be this character. I love how he can poke fun of himself and certain points in his career that we all like to pretend never happened. 
•Still very funny. Most of the jokes I thought worked. 
•This marks two movies in a row where I’ve seen Josh Brolin play a great villain. Of course Thanos is by far the best, but Cable was really good. A lot more three dimensional than I was expecting. 
•Fight scenes were even more brutal than even the first movie. 
•A lot of fun and surprising cameos. 
•The mid credit scenes alone were worth the price of admission. Also bumped up my rating a bit. 

Cons:
•I felt like the middle dragged quite a bit. Also, a few of the jokes in this part felt a bit forced. Whereas in the first Deadpool all of the jokes felt natural. 
•While I enjoyed this movie a lot and highly recommend it, I still like the first better. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment